“Bulgarian Long-Term and Palliative Care Society” is a non-government organization for public benefit aiming at establishing and development of the long-term care and palliative medicine, of health and medical science in the interest of the patients, their families, their relatives and the society.
It is a nonprofit organization with a non-political and non-religious nature and its main goal is to promote the development and establishment of long-term care and palliative medicine, health and medical science in the interest of patients, their families and relatives, and the society.
For the fulfillment of the main goal of the Foundation, its authorities carry out activities and events as follows:
Activity “SCIENTIA EST POTENTIA” (“Knowledge is Power”)
– Performing research independently and in cooperation, participating in research projects and programs in the field of long term care, palliative medicine, health and welfare.
– Publishing the achieved results.
– Assisting medical and non-medical specialist to get familiar with the latest achievements in the field of long term care and palliative medicine and related medical and non-medical specialties, health and well-being. Assisting their dissemination, implementation and development.
Activity “DOCENDO DISCIMUS” (“Learning while Teaching”)
– Bringing together physicians and other professionals working in the field of long term care and palliative medicine and all related areas and contributing to their professional development, specialization and improvement (incl. courses, seminars, etc.).
– Collaborating with educational and research institutions, hospitals, organizations and individuals at home and abroad
– Publishing materials aimed at education and training for doctors, patients, their families and friends, as well as the public interest.
Activity “White Swallow”
– Organizing volunteering activity in accordance with the main objectives of the “Bulgarian Long-Term and Palliative Care Society”.
– Organizing activities aimed at helping patients, their families and relatives, upon request by providing recommendations, advice, information on health, moral and ethical, legal and other aspects of long-term and palliative care, health and welfare.
Activity “MENS AGITAT MOLEM” (“The Spirit moves the Matter”)
– Organizing congresses, conferences, symposia, etc. either independently or in cooperation with other organizations. Dealing with issues of medical science and practice, including in the field of long term care and palliative medicine.
– Organizing “National Congress on Long-term Care and Palliative Medicine with international participation”
– Organizing “International conferences on Long-term Care and Palliative Medicine”
– Organizes conferences “MENS AGITAT MOLEM”
– Publishing a magazine “long-term care and palliative medicine”,
– Collaborating with media.
Activity “CONSENSUS GENTIUM” (“Universal consensus”)
– Suggesting the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Education, medical universities and other state and non-state institutions opinions and conclusions on issues of long-term care and palliative medicine, health and welfare.
– Developing and proposing policies in the field of medicine, science, education, and long-term and palliative care, health and welfare.
– Conducting activities to promote the objectives of the Bulgarian Long-term and Palliative Care Society, by establishing international contacts and cooperation with similar and other organizations.
Activity “Bulgarian Cochrane Society”
– The “Bulgarian Cochrane Society” is created, developed as a representative for Bulgaria for cooperation with the international Cochrane community and Cochrane national societies from different countries in the name of science and health.
– Releasing results among the scientific and general public through publications and events
– Organizing conferences, workshops, seminars and more. in the field of activity of Cochrane community
– Organizing International Cochrane Congress.
Prof. Lyubima Despotova-Toleva MD PhD (Chair of BLTPCS)
Prof. Vasil Anastasov, MD PhD
Associated Prof. Nikolay Yordanov, MD
Zlatka Malinova, MD
MA Liliya Toneva
Arch. Nina Toleva-Nowak
Dimitar Gugutkov, MD
Ivan Ivanov, MD